INSIDE THE SARZ ACADEMY: NIGERIA’S FUTURE HIT MAKERS (WEEK 1)
Nigerian music producer Sarz who has a solidified history of producing some of the biggest hits to come out of Africa having produced tracks for the likes of Wizkid, Banky W, Naeto C, Skales, Reminisce and Wande Coal – recently opened a music academy in Lagos directed at young aspiring beat makers.
Since its launch in June 2015, The Sarz Academy (TSA) has opened its doors to 15 hopeful students; aiming to equip them with the necessary skills to hone in their talent and successfully build a career in music production.
One student, Ademola Ebhodaghe Adegbite shared his joy of attending the academy on social media, tweeting
“Before I came to The Sarz Academy, I wanted to drop music…but once I got in, everything changed.” – (@kannonthemcee)
During the four week course, classes are run by Sarz along with a host of other industry leaders such as CEO of Nu’World Africa: Muyi Ola. The students have not only been learning the art of making hot beats and backing tracks but are also learning all crucial aspects of the music industry such as creating and developing their brands, marketing themselves, artist and producer relationship as well as business law, revenue stream and platform creation.
Nigeria’s music industry has more than tripled its record sales in the last five years with over 550 albums being produced every year. With industry stakeholders projecting that the country’s entertainment industry will hit one billion dollars by 2016, there is a bright future ahead for those that are successful in carving a career in it. The young initiative is indeed a favourable investment by Sarz in Nigeria’s future.
Speaking about the academy, Sarz said
“I believe music can be used for a variety of things. One of these is investing in Nigeria’s tomorrow by mentoring and inspiring the younger generation about their dreams and Ambitions. Every student certified by the academy will engage the world with a new positive perception to their talent, work ethics, a mode of operation and will go on to become more than a sound producer to their respective society and Nigeria”
A tough industry to break into, TSA is easing the young hopefuls battle into the colossal world that is the music industry.
Watch week one of The Sarz Academy here:
and find out more about the academy at http://www.beatsbysarz.com/home/academy
Keep up to date with Sarz’s musical journey and the academy’s progress via www.beatsbysarz.com and on social media at:
Note To Editors
- Osabuohien Osaretin aka Beats By Sarz is a 26 year old producer from Nigeria.
- Sarz has worked with some of Nigeria’s biggest artists, predominantly Ojuelegba singer Wizkid.
- Sarz has recently produced a new song for Wizkid which features Chris Brown and was recently performed during one of CB’s concerts in South Africa. African Bad Girl Live
- Find more about Sarz here: beatsbysarz
Sarz has recently produced songs featuring Chris Brown for Wizkid which was recently performed during one of CB’s concerts in South Africa.
SARZ ANNOUNCES SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS FOR THE SARZ ACADEMY.
After receiving over 400 entries for the first edition of THE SARZ ACADEMY, the team has carefully screened all the entries and have finally chosen 12 candidates to take part in the first ever edition.
We wish to officially thank the below listed Candidates on being selected and they will be contacted with full information and schedule…CONGRATULATIONS.
Ameh Martins Ameh
Opedamayo ‘Psychotune’ Ogala
Samuel Osahon Ailemen
Adegbite Ebhodaghe Ademola
THE SARZ ACADEMY FOUNDATION…CALL FOR APPLICATION
Applications are invited for membership into The Sarz Academy Foundation by the Trustees of the Non-governmental organization. The organization is aimed at using Art to foster Creativity, innovation, advocacy, legacy and leadership among Nigerian Youths. The Organisation under the Leadership of the renowned award winning Nigerian Sound Producer SARZ aka “BeatsBySarz”.
The Organization whose aims and objectives are:
- CREATIVITY through Art which includes but not limited to music, sound, drama, graphic designs, plays, drawings, fashion. Educating youths to express creativity through their artistic talents and skills in other to empower them economically, socially, and mentally. All in the effort to make Nigeria a fast growing Economy at all times and to project as a positive image for Africa.
- INNOVATION through Art which includes but not limited to music, sound, drama, graphic designs, plays, drawings, fashion. Inspiring youth to create, invent, innovate and “beat Conventions” to solve problems and challenges facing the Nigerian society and Africa as home for all.
- LEADERSHIP through Art which includes but not limited to music, sound, drama, graphic designs, plays, drawings, fashion. Advocating this leadership to African youths to take responsibilities and become an active agent of the Nigerian society and African continent.
- LEGACY through Art which includes but not limited to music, sound, drama, graphic designs, plays, drawings, fashion. Teach, lead and Inspire youths to create institutions, brands, personality and records that inspires future generations in the bid to create a greater Nigeria and a forever growing Africa.
- ADVOCACY through Art which includes but not limited to music, sound, drama, graphic designs, plays, drawings, fashion. To Advocate for the core values of the organization and to also advocate for a healthier, safer, secured, peaceful, hygienic, corruption-free, youth inspiring, Gender equal and free Africa.
Applicants are subject to eligibility criteria who must fulfil the following requirements to be eligible to participate in Maiden Session of The Sarz Academy session and become a member;
√ I will be aged between 15 (my Guardian/Parent shall give assent) and 25 at the start of the event
√I am committed to upholding the values of the Academy
√ I am fluent in English – the working language of the Academy
√ I confirm that I am medically fit to participate in the platform
√ I am able to fulfil the requirement of the Entries
√ I am willing to share knowledge, experience and space with fellow trainees
√ I am willing to be an active participant and to spread the values and outcomes of the Academy
√ I am willing to dedicate 18 calendar months within 2 years to the cause and values the Academy shall be involved in.
√ I am willing to be responsible for my personal expenses during the Period of training and exposure under the Academy
√ I have innate and good knowledge of one or more of the following productions tools
- Have innate knowledge of one or more DAW (Digital Audio Workstation preferably Logic Pro and Fruity Loops)
- Have a personal Laptop ( Minimum Requirement: 4gb ram, Intel core i5, 300gb Hard Disk)
- Active Social Media account on Facebook (www.facebook.com/beatsbysarz), Twitter and Instagram ( required to follow TheSarzAcademy on Instagram and Twitter platforms)
- basic skills in use of musical instruments is an advantage.
√ I am willing to use my Social media platforms to advocate for the cause of the Academy and her tenets.
The Maiden Session
After Successful Applicants have been chosen via a very careful process with preference to Gender equality. The following shall be the course of the session:
Duration: The session will be conducted 3 days in a week for at least 6 weeks and the lessons shall focus on production, music business, humanitarian service, advocacy, leadership and Legal class.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Expenses: The Organization will only be responsible for the trainings and activities during the session. All personal expenses shall be handled by the selected Applicants. The organization shall not be responsible for any personal needs, transportation, lodging, and feeding.
Project: The Successful Applicants after the session shall be involved in a world class music project where all skills acquired shall be put to use. During the project Successful applicants will have opportunities to engage with Top Nigeria and African Artistes and celebrities. Applicants will be inducted to become members and beneficiaries of the prestigious organization.
- Successful Applicants shall become members of the Academy
- Successful Applicants shall have access to top-notch Music and Production business class
- Successful Applicants shall be assigned for employment opportunities by the organization
- Successful Applicants shall gain exposure into the creating revenues with their creativity, and using such creativity for advocacy and societal development
Deadline for Applications: 17th OF JUNE 2015